Seven Simple Herbal Remedies
Illness and various health concerns can strike anytime and often we take a pill or two to help calm the situation. However, there are several simple herbal remedies that may help such as:
- Lavender Essential oil. Parents often use this on their children. Children often become boisterous when they are with other children or playing at home. Lavender Essential oil calms them down. Just apply a small amount on their foreheads and soon they will be much calmer. Lavender Essential oil is also used to help you sleep.
- Another herbal remedy is Tea Tree Essential oil. Parents use this on their children but it has to be used carefully because it is potent. It is a wonderful remedy for ear aches. For this to work, apply a small amount around the ear—where the ear attaches to your head. You can apply it directly or you can dilute it.
- Lemon balm tea works well if you have digestive problems or feel unusually nervous. For Lemon balm tea to work, steep one teaspoon herbs in a brewing basket with on cup of hot water. Take out the basket, put in some honey. This works well for children and adults. #4 Epsom Salt Baths work wonders for those who suffer from insomnia, muscle cramps, headaches, irritability and other symptoms. They provide your body with magnesium.
- Ginger tea has many benefits besides relieving stress and pressure. Ginger tea also promotes digestion and detoxifies the body. For this to be effective, add a few pieces of ginger root to a cup of hot water and drink several times a day. If you’re looking for a body moisturizer, look no further than #6 jojoba oil. Jojoba oil also is effective when you are anxious or depressed. It calms the body. In addition, by mixing a few drops of it with other soothing essential oils like lavender oil, it can be used as a massage.
- Chamomile tea is a remedy for relaxation. The essential oil of chamomile can also be used for massage. To boost your mood, try taking theanine supplement. It also helps with relaxation. Take theanine when you want to reduce stress and increase feeling of relaxation. Also, if you’re looking for something to boost your immune system and lessen your anxiety and depression, look no further than lemon. For a sleep aid, use valerian. Valerian root has been used for years to treat tension and anxiety.
- For an overactive bladder there are several herbs that help such as Gosha-jinki-gan. Japanese researchers have found that those who take it daily for eight weeks went to the bathroom less often. Hachi-mi-jio-gan is a Chinese remedy made of eight natural ingredients. This remedy seems to ease bladder muscle contractions.
To conclude, illness and health issues can strike anyone, anytime and often we take a pill or two to help calm the situation. However, there are herbal remedies that can help such as Ginger tea. Find out more about herbal remedies from other articles on the Internet.